Meet the 2016 CIO of the Year finalists
By Pam Hoff, Tampa Bay Business Journal
20 July 2016
2016 CIO of the Year Awards will be held on Aug. 25. Event details to come.
A panel of judges has named 20 local businesspeople finalists for the Tampa Bay Business Journal's 2016 CIO of the Year Awards.Additionally, three winners have been named in separate categories. The TBBJ sought nominations for eligible information technology executives in the area and emerging leaders. The following were named finalists in six categories:
- Todd Bayley, CIO, Pasco County Government
- Ken Washington, CIO, Port Tampa Bay
- Jennifer Greenman, CIO, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Elizabeth Kerns, CIO, Lakeland Regional Health
- Sheree McFarland, CIO, HCA West Florida
- Timothy Thompson, CIO, BayCare Health System
- Chad Lewis, CIO, Tampa Preparatory School
- Jim Miller, CIO, Operation PAR / SAS Tampa Bay
- Ray Wright, CIO, Eckerd Kids
Private - large
- Scott Caschette, CIO, ALAW
- Chris Cate, CIO, Cox Target Media/Valpak
- John Kuemmel, CIO, Triad Retail Media
- Steve Rubinow, CIO, Catalina
Private - medium
- Gianni Barkett, CTO, Amalie Oil Co.
- Michael Geis, CIO, myMatrixx
- Tom Rybak, CIO, Franklin Street
- Kimberly Anstett, CIO, The Nielsen Co.
- Marcio deOliveira, CTO, C1 Bank
- Karen Etzkorn, CIO, HSN Inc.
- John Tonnison, CIO, Tech Data Corp.
The following companies have been named winners in these categories and will be honored at the event:
Best big data and analytic project: Catalina
Innovative technology project in retail: Triad Retail Media
Emerging leader: Stephanie Davis, Cox Target Media/Valpak
The CIO of the Year Awards will be held on Aug. 25 at the Straz Center in Tampa. Event details to come. Presenting sponsor is CDW; event partners are Cologix and Dobler Consulting.