Honorees Will Be Recognized at Annual Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference in March 2012
01 December 2011
FRAMINGHAM, MA, Dec 01, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) — IDG’s Computerworld, the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results, announces the 2012 Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program spotlights 100 leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 27, 2012 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 11-13, 2012, at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Arizona.
“The Premier 100 awards program shines a well-deserved spotlight on a stellar group of IT executives,” said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. “In today’s business climate, IT executives must act quickly to recognize opportunities and create competitive advantage within their organizations. These 100 men and women have demonstrated an ability to make those clear-sighted decisions that help their IT organizations innovate and deliver business value. Whatever comes their way in 2012, these IT leaders have the skills, the savvy and the judgment to meet the challenge. We’re pleased to recognize their leadership and honor their achievements.”
In addition to honoring the 2012 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Speakers at the 2012 conference include:
- Brook Colangelo, CIO, Executive Office of the President of the United States
- Mark Dajani, Senior Vice President, Business Services and CIO, Kraft Foods
- Michael Fabiano, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, NBC Universal
- Doug Porter, SVP & CIO, Blue Cross, Blue Shield Association
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Each year 100 IT and business executives are selected to join the ranks of more than 1,000 honorees this program has recognized over the last 13 years. We are very proud to highlight the 2012 recipients as top IT and business leaders with this lifelong distinction,” said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. “The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference is a great opportunity for a community of more than 350 IT leaders to share their best practices and challenges facing their organization through conference sessions and networking receptions. This also provides an opportunity for attendees to learn about new IT solutions from the sponsoring companies like Box, Commvault, QlikView, Service Now and Teradata.”
2012 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Zahid Afzal, CIO and executive vice president, Huntington National Bank
- Duane L. Anderson, Chief operating officer and CIO, Marquette Group / USMotivation
- Bhupesh Arora, Senior director, new technologies & IT effectiveness, Avery Dennison
- Brian Arrowood, CIO, State of Indiana
- David Ballai, CIO and vice president of commercial solutions, Reed Technology & Information Services Inc. (A Member of the LexisNexis Family)
- Gerald D. Barton, Vice president, global product development, LexisNexis
- Puneet Bhasin, Senior vice president and CIO, Waste Management
- Steven D. Birgfeld, Senior vice president and CIO, Hostess Brands
- Scott Blanchette, Senior vice president and CIO, Vanguard Health Systems Inc
- Eric J. Brown, Executive vice president and CIO, NCI Building Systems Inc.
- Peter Campbell, Senior vice president, IT, Sprint-Nextel Corp.
- Michael L. Capone, Corporate vice president and CIO, Automatic Data Processing Inc.
- Mamatha Chamarthi, Vice president and CIO, Business Technology Solutions, Consumers Energy
- William M. Chapman, Vice president and CIO for Global Services Businesses, Arrow Electronics Inc.
- Brook M. Colangelo, CIO, Executive Office of the President
- Diane B. Comer, Senior vice president and health plan business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Todd S. Coombes, Senior vice president and CIO, CNO Financial Group
- Mark Dajani, Senior vice president, business services and CIO, Kraft Foods
- Lisa M. Davis, Assistant director for IT and CIO, United States Marshals Service
- Michael Del Priore, Vice president, global CIO, Church & Dwight
- Thomas A. Delaney, Vice president For Global Technology, New York University
- Arun H. DeSouza, Director, strategic planning & security, global information systems & services, INERGY Automotive Systems
- James A. DiMarzio, CIO, Mazda North American Operations
- Carol J. Dow, Chief technology officer and principal of global investment systems, Vanguard
- Michael B. Eason, Managing vice president of enterprise data services, Capital One Financial Corp.
- Michael F. Fabiano, Vice president, strategic initiatives, NBC News, NBC Universal
- Gregory J. Fell, Vice president and CIO, Terex Corp.
- Aditya Fotedar, CIO, Wyse Technology
- Mary Gendron, Senior vice president and CIO, Celestica
- Maryann Goebel, Executive vice president and CIO, Fiserv Inc.
- Erik B. Goltzer, CIO, Miller Johnson
- Allan T. Hackney, Senior vice president and CIO, John Hancock Financial Services
- Kim Hammonds, CIO, Boeing
- Malcolm W. Harkins, Vice president and chief information security officer, Intel Corp.
- Danny A. Harris, CIO, U.S. Department of Education
- Zack Hicks, Vice president and CIO, Toyota Motor Sales
- Kevin M. Humphries, Senior vice president of IT, FedEx Corporate Services
- Walter Iwanow, CIO, Department of Justice/ Office of Justice Programs
- Beth M. Jacob, Executive vice president and CIO, Target Corp.
- Joshua R. Jewett, Senior vice president of IT and CIO, Family Dollar Inc.
- David Johns, Senior vice president, CIO and chief shared services officer, Owens Corning
- Kim W. Johnson, Executive vice president of corporate development and CIO, Graham Group Ltd.
- Daphne E. Jones, Senior vice president and CIO, Hospira, Inc
- Neal P. Kaderabek, CIO and deputy vice president of financial services, Hallmark Services Corp.
- Jay Kerley, Vice president and deputy CIO, Applied Materials
- Suresh Kumar, CIO, Financial Markets and Treasury Services & Pershing, BNY Mellon
- Sam Lamonica, Vice president of IT and CIO, Rosendin Electric
- Andrew J. Lang, Senior vice president and CIO, WellPoint Inc.
- Mario Leone, Executive vice president and CIO, Ingram Micro Inc.
- Arthur G. Lofton, Vice president and CIO, Aerospace Systems Sector, Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Ralph E. Loura, Vice president and CIO, The Clorox Co.
- Jacqueline M. Lucas, Vice president and CIO, Baptist Healthcare System
- Greg L. Lush, CIO and vice president, The Linc Group, An ABM Company
- Edward Martin, Deputy CIO, The George Washington University
- Ugo Mattera, Vice president of IT operations, McKesson Health Solutions
- James R. McCoy, Vice president of IT and CIO, Integrated Defense Systems, Raytheon Co.
- Kathleen McElligott, Vice president and CIO, Emerson
- Cynthia D. McKenzie, Senior vice president, enterprise application services, Fox Entertainment Group
- Raman Mehta, CIO and chief process architect, EWIE Co. Inc.
- Galen M. Metz, CIO, Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Angela K. Miller, Chief technology officer and chief sustainability officer, North County Transit District
- Chris Miller, Corporate vice president and CIO, Avanade
- Sanjay Mirchandani, CIO and chief operating officer, Global Centers of Excellence, EMC Corp.
- Joseph D. Natoli, Vice president, product engineering, Apollo Group Inc.
- Walt Oswald, Corporate vice president and CIO, Motorola Mobility
- Marty Paslick, Chief operating officer, information technology & services, HCA
- Dnyanesh Patkar, Vice president, corporate development, EA, PMO, Schneider National Inc.
- Doug Porter, Senior vice president of operations and CIO, BlueCross BlueShield Association
- James A. Robertson, Vice president, technology infrastructure & broadcast transmissions, Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
- Karen W. Robinson, CIO, State of Texas, executive director, Department of Information Resources
- Michael I. Rodger, Director, digital innovation, Delta Hotels and Resorts
- Steve Rubinow, Executive vice president and CIO, NYSE Euronext
- Altaf Rupani, Vice president, global strategic planning & architecture, Dow Jones & Co.
- Kristin D. Russell, Secretary of technology and CIO, State of Colorado (Governor’s Office of Information Technology)
- Suzanne E. Scanlon-Pope, Vice president, global business solutions RGA
- Rick Schlitt, Senior vice president, IT operations United Services Automobile Association
- Roger Seshadri, Senior vice president and CIO, Melco Crown Entertainment
- Christopher L. Smith, CIO, United States Department of Agriculture
- Frank S. Smith, Senior vice president and CIO, Booz Allen Hamilton
- John South, Chief security officer, Heartland Payment Systems
- Brent Stacey, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Brent Stahlheber, Senior vice president and CIO, Auto Club Group – AAA
- Jeffrey W. Stovall, CIO, City of Charlotte, NC
- Dennis L. Strong, Senior vice president and CIO, McCoy Corp.
- Kevin F. Sullivan, Chief architect and senior vice president, State Street Corp.
- Simon Szykman, CIO, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Tim Theriault, Senior vice president and CIO, Walgreens
- Gina Tomlinson, Chief technology officer, Department of Technology – City and County of San Francisco
- Joe Touey, Senior vice president, North America Pharmaceuticals, IT, GlaxoSmithKline
- Daniel A. Traynor, CIO, Tennessee Valley Authority
- George Tumas, Executive vice president and CIO, Wells Fargo & Co.
- Xiaoyan Wang, CIO, business transformation, Lenovo
- Jimmy Z. Wang, Vice president and CIO, Teva Pharmaceuticals – Americas
- Edward Watson, Executive vice president, operations and technology Fannie Mae
- Robert J. Webb, CIO, Hilton Worldwide
- Dave Webb, CIO, Equifax Inc.
- James D. Webb, CIO, West Texas A&M University
- Hank A. Weigle, Senior vice president, shared services, global information resources, Marriott International Inc.
- Bart Wood, Vice president of strategic planning and compliance, Southern Co.
- Linda Zafonte, CIO, NYS Insurance Fund
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld’s IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders .
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers worldwide, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld’s award-winning web site ( http://www.computerworld.com ), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series and custom research forms the hub of the world’s largest (40+ edition) global IT media network. In the past five years alone, Computerworld has won more than 100 awards, including Magazine of the Year by American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) awards in 2010, the 2009 Best Blog from the Neal awards, and 2006 Best Overall Web Publication from ASBPE. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, September 2011). Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at http://www.idgenterprise.com .